8 key aims were identified and the pilot focused on 3 of them:
1. To enhance learning through developing self-awareness, resilience and confidence.
2. Facilitate the identification of individual strengths and challenges and unearthing possible solutions and development opportunities.
3. To develop non-technical coaching skills.
The pilot took place at Kingspan Stadium over two full Saturdays. 7 female coaches from both Club and school were engaged. Jo facilitated a series of workshops which helped the coaches understand themselves, their approach to coaching and how they coach and lead their team.
Ulster Rugby would like to say 'Thank You' to a few key people who made the pilot possible:
· Sport NI for funding the pilot programme.
· Jo Hopkins for facilitating the course in such a unique format that was both highly enlightening and enjoyable.
· The coaches who travelled from all four corners of the Province to attend the workshops.
It is hoped that additional funding will become available to build on the valuable work carried out to date. Jo is going follow up with the coaches on a one-to-one basis to identify areas of individual need which will shape the look of the Programme should the funding be secured to take it forward.